Fixing Err-3 on a 1998 Acura Integra Car Stereo
It’s wonderful what you can do with Google.
My sister told me her car stereo wasn’t working. I checked it and found that it displayed Err-3. After a little Googling I discovered this is part of the anti-theft system and must have triggered after the battery had recently died.
Here are the steps to reset the anti-theft system:
- Check if your car has a sticker with a code written on it. Here’s a video that shows possible locations. If you find the code, skip to step 5.
- Pull out the stereo to obtain the device serial number and keep it pulled out.
- Write down the serial number so that you don’t have to remove the stereo again
- Get the code by supplying the serial number, VIN, and other information. Try this website. If that doesn’t work, call a dealership, ask for parts and services, and tell them you need the code. If they don’t give the code or try to charge you, try another dealership.
- If you came from step 1, disconnect the car battery, wait 30 seconds, and reconnect. If not, disconnect the power cable from the car stereo, wait 30 seconds, and reconnect.
- Enter the code