note: I’m just starting this! Hold on.
I’ve been admitted to Parson’s The New School for Design’s Design and Technology program.
And I feel it is important to think about the following:
1. What do you want to do at Parson’s? (see my statement of interests and intentions I sent to Parson’s, NYU game design, and NYU ITP)
– write ideas, clearly, with purpose, and prioritize them to find the most meaningful one
– propose (idea or ideas?) to audience at Parson’s once I get there
2. Summarize what experiences imparted some philosophy in games
– list games and experiences
– create own manifesto
– see philosophy’s of great game designers
– see old notes and thoughts I wrote
Life related questions:
3. Is attending Parson’s necessary? Is being in New York necessary? Can I do this on my own outside of a city? Should the money go into business instead? Can $18,000 buy a tea shop in Taiwan? Can I live without much social life?